Employment and Labor Law
Bailey Johnson represents our clients in a broad range of labor and employment law matters. We represent client interests before the New York State Division of Human Rights, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, as well as in federal and state courts. We have also represented both employees and employers in disciplinary hearings under Collective Bargaining Agreements and New York State's Civil Service Law.
Our representation spans all areas of employment-related litigation, including claims involving:
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination;
- Sexual Orienation Discrimination;
- Age Discrimination;
- National Origin and Racial Discrimination;
- Diability Discrimination;
- Religious Discrimination; and
- Retaliation and Whistleblower Claims.
Bailey Johnson handles all facets of lawsuits brought pursuant to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Equal Pay Act, the Rehabilitation Act, and New York State Human Rights Law. We are familiar with the rights afforded by these, often overlapping, state and federal statutes and the varying time limitations set forth in each.
Bailey Johnson also provides advisement and representation in matters involving:
- Collective Bargaining Agreements;
- Grievances and Arbitration;
- Disciplinary Hearings under Section 75 of New York State Civil Service Law;
- Benefits under New York State General Municipal Law Section 207-C;
- Employment Contracts; and